Enjoy Younger Looking Skin
Botox® CosmeticToday more and more women (and men) who aren’t quite ready for a facelift are turning to non-surgical, anti-aging treatments like Botox® and Juvéderm® to keep them looking younger longer!
Botox® Cosmetic is a protein that relaxes the muscles into which it is injected. It is most commonly used on the face to reduce facial creases commonly known as "expression lines" and wrinkles. It is typically used on the upper area of the face.
Common areas injected in the upper face are as follows:
• Forehead - often requiring 10-30 units of Botox to markedly reduce wrinkles.
• Glabella (brow) - responsible for frown lines between the eyebrows. This muscular area often requires 20-35 units of Botox to calm down wrinkles what are sometimes called “the elevens”, since many patients have 2 roughly vertical lines in the area.
• Bunny lines - small horizontal lines at the bridge of the nose or just below it, usually requiring only 4-8 units of Botox.
• Crow’s feet - lateral eye wrinkles, more common in those who smile a lot. Typically requires 4-10 units of Botox in each side to calm these wrinkles down.
Mid and lower face use is also pretty common. Common areas injected are as follows:
• Upper lip - 4-8 units of Botox is typical here.
• Chin - to reduce downturned mouth corners (called a “sad smile”) usually about 5 units on each side.
Axillary use to decrease sweating is very common and very effective.
• About 50 units of Botox in each armpit for 100 unit total. Usually lasts about a year in this site. It is extremely effective at reducing sweating.
Botox Cosmetic lasts about 4 months and has a cumulative anti-wrinkle effect on the treated areas with subsequent treatments often needing less Botox to produce the same result. No sedation or local anesthetic is required and you can resume normal activities immediately.
Now You Can Say Goodbye To Smile Lines with Juvéderm®...
Dr. Van Reken offers the injectable filler Juvéderm® to his patients as part of his non-surgical skin rejuvenation program to help reduce wrinkles and plump up skin.
Juvéderm® is made from hyaluronic acid and actually replaces the hyaluronic acid that you naturally have, but which is reduced by aging. This lack of hyaluronic acid causes your skin to lose structure and volume, creating unwanted facial wrinkles and folds--like those parentheses lines around your nose and mouth.
Juvéderm® is recommended for the nasolabial folds (the wrinkles that run from your nose to the sides of your mouth), to treat feather lip lines and to plump up your lips which can get thinner as you age. Juvéderm® can even be injected in the décolletage (V-neck area) and can be used to give your hands an ageless appearance. Treatment with Juvéderm® is fast and only takes about 15 minutes but the results can last up to a year.
Deciding which anti-aging skin treatments are best for you is a personal decision, but one that should be made along with a doctor who is not only experienced in treating the cosmetic concerns patients often have, but who will be able to also objectively look at your skin and recommend the treatments that will be best to give you the look you desire.
It's this keen sense of detail and expertise that Dr. Calvin Van Reken brings to the Reno Sparks MedSpa.
Schedule Your FREE Skin Care Consultation Today...
To schedule a Free Skin Care Consultation, with Dr. Van Reken here at the Reno Sparks MedSpa, give us a call at
(866) 648-6540or visit the contact us page
If you'd like to order a FREE copy of the informative Looking Good, Feeling Great™ e-course: The 6 Secrets To Looking Younger Longer, visit the FREE Resources section of our website.
|Skin Rejuvenation Overview|
|Photofacials and Skin Tightening|
|Mole Removal and Skin Cancer|
|Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)|
|MicroNeedling for Younger Skin|
|Botox and Juvederm|
|Laser Hair Removal|
|Acne Correction Program|
|Microdermabrasion, Facials & Peels|
|PCA Skin Care Products|
|Nonsurgical Vein Treatments|
|Book an Appointment|
|6 Secrets to Looking
|Sign up to receive this informative, FREE e-course and find out firsthand how you can now look younger longer without surgery, downtime or having to spend a small fortune.
|Seeing Is Believing
Book an Appointment:
Weekday evenings - until 9 pm by request.
Reno Sparks MedSpa serves clients Washoe County, Storey County and Lake Tahoe Nevada including Carson City, Virginia City, Sun Valley, Pleasant Valley, Vista, Mustang, Verdi, Mount Rose, Washoe City, Franktown, Huffaker and the Tahoe ski resort towns in the Sierra Nevada.