Botox® Cosmetic and Juvederm®
Today more and more women (and men) who aren’t quite ready for a facelift are turning to non-surgical, anti-aging treatments like Botox and Juvederm reno to keep them looking younger longer!
Botox® Cosmetic is a protein that relaxes the muscles into which it is injected. It is most commonly used on the face to reduce facial creases commonly known as “expression lines” and wrinkles. It is typically used on the upper area of the face. Those with stronger muscles or more wrinkles benefit from larger doses of Botox.
Common areas injected in the upper face are as follows:
• Forehead – often requiring 4-20 units of Botox to markedly reduce wrinkles.
• Glabella (brow) – responsible for frown lines between the eyebrows. This muscular area often requires 12-36 units of Botox to calm down wrinkles that are sometimes called “the elevens”, since many patients have 2 roughly vertical lines in the area.
• Bunny lines – small horizontal lines at the bridge of the nose or just below it, usually requiring only 4-10 units of Botox.
• Crow’s feet – lateral eye wrinkles, more common in those who smile a lot. Typically requires 4-18 units of Botox in each side to calm these wrinkles down.
Mid and lower face use is also pretty common. Common areas injected are as follows:
• Upper lip – 4-7 units of Botox are often used here.
• Chin – (mentalis muscle): 8-16 units of Botox are often used.
Botox use to decrease sweating is common and quite effective.
• Axillary (armpit) sweating – About 50 units of Botox in each armpit for to a total of 100 units in the ladies, 50-75 or so on each side in men. Lasts 6-12 months to markedly reducing sweating.
• Hand sweating (palms and the palmar side of the fingers) – 100 units usually. Often lasts 9 months or more in the hands.
Botox Cosmetic lasts about 2-4 months after injection (often 3, but with lower doses may last only 2 months and with higher doses will last longer than 3 months) It has a cumulative anti-wrinkle effect on the treated areas with subsequent treatments often needing less Botox to produce the same result. No sedation or local anesthetic is required and you can resume normal activities immediately.
Now You Can Say Goodbye To Smile Lines with Juvéderm…
Calvin H. Van Reken, M.D. uses many different injectable fillers like the Juvederm reno line of products from Allergan on his patients as part of his non-surgical skin rejuvenation program to reduce wrinkles and add volume to the skin.
Juvederm Reno is made from hyaluronic acid and actually replaces the hyaluronic acid that you naturally have, but which is reduced by aging. This lack of hyaluronic acid causes your skin to lose structure and volume, creating unwanted facial wrinkles and folds–like those parentheses lines around your nose and mouth.
Juvéderm last is recommended for the nasolabial folds (the wrinkles that run from your nose to the sides of your mouth), to treat upper lip lines, and to gently add volume up your lips which can get thinner as you age. Juvéderm injections can even be injected in the décolleté (V-neck area). Treatment with Juvéderm is fast and only takes about 15 minutes, but the results can last up to 2 years with some of their products, like Voluma. Calvin H. Van Reken, M.D. uses Juvéderm Voluma XC (2 year life after injection), Juvéderm Vollure XC (1.5 year life), Juvéderm Ultra Plus XC (1 year life), Juvéderm Ultra XC (9 month life) and Juvéderm Volbella XC.
Deciding which anti-aging skin treatments are best for you is a personal decision, but one that should be made along with a doctor who is not only experienced in treating the cosmetic concerns patients often have but who will be able to also objectively look at your skin and recommend the treatments that will be best to give you the look you desire.
It’s this keen sense of detail and expertise that Calvin H. Van Reken, M.D. brings to the Reno-Sparks MedSpa.
Schedule Your Skin Care Consultation Today…
To schedule a Skin Care Consultation, with Calvin H. Van Reken, M.D. here at the Reno-Sparks MedSpa, give us a call or visit the contact us page.