Cynosure PicoSure Laser Treatment is great for pigmented lesions in small or large spots of the body such on the arms, hands, or décolleté, making Picosure a perfect laser treatment for dark spots on the face and the perfect laser for wrinkles, acne scars, and skin tightening. There are many types of pigmented skin lesions that Picosure can treat, here is a shortlist of some common ones:
• Melasma—more common in women and in darker skin types. This may start or worsen during pregnancy or with the use of estrogen and is aggravated by sun exposure. It is treatable, but not curable. Again, the Picosure is a great laser for Melasma!
• Benign moles are sometimes called nevi by doctors. These may be flat or raised.
• Skin cancers. This is why all pigmented lesions need to be evaluated by a doctor to make sure they are not malignant prior to treatment!
• Seborrheic keratoses, also called DPN, or dermatosis papulose nigra. These can be lasered, curetted (removed using a scraping tool) or both. They are usually darker than the surrounding skin and often crusty, dry and raised.
• Dyschromia from sun exposure—irregular skin tone usually due to alternating areas of more and less skin damage, typically with solar lentigines (sun spots) mixed in.
• PIH—postinflammatory hyperpigmentation; brownish pigmented scar. This could be over a surgical incision scar, old acne scars, etc. PIH is more common in darker skin types.
• Solar lentigines (sunspots, such as on the face or hands in an older white farmer).
• Café au lait spots—flat, creamy, light brown areas, usually from 1-10 cm across, the color of coffee with cream. These are common on the abdomen and thorax.
• Nevus of Ota—facial lesions, common in Asians and Latinos, usually flat, heavily pigmented, often involving the cheek, orbit, nose, and/or eye. The laser treatment process with pigmented lesion treatment is not painting, but a point-and-shoot type of treatment. One uses a separate laser head that has an adjustable size. Small lesions are sometimes treated with a single pulse, larger lesions require multiple pulses. After treatment, there is sometimes a frosted appearance and the area will usually turn pink. The brown spot may turn darker for a while after treatment and then lighten up within a month. After a month or so the treatment can be repeated until the desired lighting has been achieved. Often, 1 treatment is enough.
Picosure Laser Cost: Pricing and Financing Options:
There are two ways to price a series of treatments, a fee for a package of a certain number of treatments or a per treatment fee. Although the global up-front fee is cheaper, some people prefer to pay as you go. Financing treatments through credit cards or Care Credit is an option. At Reno-Sparks Medspa we accept checks, cash, credit cards, and Care Credit.